Friday, February 17, 2012

My dressing sense!

As most of you know well about me and my dressing sense and appearance, no further introduction is required for that. College friends acknowledge me well with my highly/moderately wrinkled orange/yellow shirt every other day for all the 4 years.

2 incidents that describe my dressing sense at its best.

Incident 1 :

Every friend of mine who has met my dad will say one thing for sure. "nee apdiye unga appavukku opposite". Yes, he is a man nearing 60 and known for wearing Ray ban glasses(even after 8pm :) ) , Rado watch with a perfect white & white all the times appearing all the time with a cleanly shaved face and a perfect hair style which he never allows to turn grey. His aim is to look younger than my mom. My father & I standing next to each other will resemble a benz car & a second hand bajaj scooter

Year : 2004
Location : Sree Krishna Collections, Chennai.
Characters : Me and my producer(enga appa than)

He was looking for clothes for me with new designs and patterns in various materials. He showed me a few designs and I was looking at the price tags only without seeing the size/material/color. He was frustrated and asked me just to walk beside him and not to look at what he is selecting and what he is paying for. I felt that is the best choice too. I was gazing at the various clothes here and there. Suddenly, a mylapore ambujam mami  walked in and told

"Dei Thambi, andha 3rd shelf-la irukkira thuni ellam konjam eduthu podu da!".

Appa's reaction :  He walked very fast and moved to the next bay in the shop so that no one senses that we are related in any way. I walked very fast toward him and he told  "Kai eduthu kumbidraen. Dhayavu senji poyi veliya wait pannu. Indha 10Rs., veliya poyi cheap-a enga tea kedaikkum nu parthu kudichi kittu iru. Naan varraen". I walked away happily with 10Rs. But, tea was highly expensive @ Rs.4.50 over there. So, adha saving panni thiruppi kuduthuttaen.


Incident 2 :

Year : 2007
Location : Gudiyattam Railway Station
Characters : Me and Udan poruppu(My sister)

My sister was working in Chennai then and my dad asked me pick her up @ railway station on a fine friday evening. I parked my bike in the stand and was waiting for my sister to come. When the train arrived and I saw my sister coming and noticing that she hadn't noticed me , I sneaked in the crowd and went near her and asked her

"Madam, Auto Venuma?"

My sister looked at me and just smiled and was about to hand over the luggage to me(as she always employs me a porter for her luggages), appo  crowd-la irundhu dog voice from a Nita Ambani madam,

Nita Ambani Madam : "25Rs. than tharuvaen. Indha pudi en luggage-a". 

My sister : "Naan 50Rs. tharraen. Nee pudi pa en luggage-a".

Me: (Thinking of Gandhiji in  my mind and lookin at the vaanam) Sathya Sodhanai

Took my sister's luggage and headed fast towards the bike stand.

Kooda porandha akka kooda enna madhikkala. Gandhiya-ey sutta Naadu idhu. Idhula naan mattum enna vidhi vilakka?
















No comments:

Post a Comment